Study Visa

Each year, 170,000 students come from abroad to study in Canada. The student permit (student visa) allows an individual to enter Canada as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, or other institution.

In order to be eligible to apply for a student permit, a student must be enrolled in a program of study that culminates in a degree, diploma, or certificate and the school must be authorized by the Canadian federal or provincial government to accept international students.

  • University Offer letter support
  • Choosing the right program
  • Application support
  • Student consultancy
  • Visa Guidelines and Information Sessions

To be eligible to study in Canada

  • You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
    • Tuition fees
    • Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
    • Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

Get the right documents – Study in Canada:

You need the following documents to apply for a study permit:

        1. Proof of acceptance
        2. Proof of identity
        3. Proof of financial support
        4. Letter of explanation

 1. Proof of acceptance

If you plan to attend any school (primary or secondary), college, university or other educational institution in Canada, the school must complete and send you a letter of acceptance. You must include the original letter with your study permit application. You can find a standard letter of acceptance in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

2. Proof of identity

You must provide:

  • A valid passport or travel document for you and each accompanying family member. The passport or travel document must allow you to return to the country that issued it. Citizens and permanent residents of the United States, St. Pierre and Miquelon, and Greenland do not need a passport, but do need proof of status and citizenship, such as a national identity card or an alien registration card.
  • Two recent passport-size photos of you and each accompanying family member. The name and date of birth of the person should be written on the back of each photo. You can find information on photo specifications in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

3. Proof of financial support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
  • your bank statements for the past four months;
  • a bank draft in convertible currency;
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

4. Letter of explanation

In some cases, you may wish to apply for a study permit even if you do not need one right away. There are benefits to having a study permit, even if you do not require one. If you have a valid study permit, you can:

  • Work part time on campus at the college or university at which you are registered as a full-time student; and
  • Apply to renew your study permit from within Canada, if you decide to continue studying in Canada.

If you decide that you want to continue your studies in another program after you complete your short-term course or program, you must apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for a study permit if you do not already have one.

If you are applying for a study permit even though you do not need one, you should include a letter that explains why you are applying. The letter will inform the visa officer that you understand your options.

Additional Information for getting admission in college/university of Canada:

Admission Session:

  1. January Session (For January session you need to start processing before 8/10 month ago)
  2. September Session (For September session you need to start processing before 8/10 month ago)

Common Admission Eligibility for USA:

  • For undergraduate programs a student should have completed 10 + 2.
  • For Graduate programs the students must have completed 16 years of education i.e. 10+2+4.
  • Some institutes accept 15 years of formal education into their Bridge or Masters program.
  • The student must have good scores in entrance exams like IELTS, GRE, GMAT, etc.
  • The language proficiency test scores should be –IELTS score 6.5+ for University level both for Undergrad/Post grad studies and 6.0 for Colleges. Score for GRE should be 1200 – 1600 and for GMAT score 580- 650
  • Tuition fees should be from 12500 US$ to 18000US$ per year
  • For research with PhD students, you must provide Good academic result , all through 1st class ( SSC + HSC ), 2nd class ( Graduation & Post Graduation level ), IELTS – 6.0 – 7.0+, Minimum Three publication at English or Bengali  Newspaper according his/her chosen field for PhD, Work experience 1 year, Thesis paper and 3 reference letter.

We represent colleges / universities of Canada:

  • University of British Columbia
  • University of Toronto
  • University of Waterloo
  • McGill University
  • McMoster University
  • University of Alberto
  • University of Western Ontario
  • York University
  • Brock University
  • Laurention University
  • Queens’ University
  • Carleton University
  • Concordia University
  • University of New Brunswick
  • Ryerson University
  • Memorial University of Newfoundland
  • Simon Fraser University
  • University of Calgary
  • Brondon University
  • University of Regina
  • St. Paul University
  • Dolhousie University
  • University of Ottawa
  • University of Manitoba
  • University of Saskatchewan
  • Victoria University
  • University of Lovol
  • St. Mary’s University
  • Fraser Volley University
  • Université de Sherbrooke
  • Humber College
  • Seneca College
  • Niagara College
  • Centennial College
  • George Brown College
  • St. Clair College
  • Okonogon College
  • Longara College
  • Dorset College
  • Algonquin College

And Many more….